Monday, March 28, 2005

DX, champion, pro plastic.

Okay friends, sorry for the hiatus!

I have been having quite the blast since last time I've posted, due to the visit by little brother. Good times all around! Ma and Pa Hovater came up for the easter holiday, and the time spent with family was a much needed change in the cycle up here in L Rock.

I have also been throwing some serious plastic these days out at Burns Park here in town. This is the current manifestation of my obsessive personality, and a fine hobby. Befor I go further, I should make clear that I mean the pasttime of disc golf. this plays just like ball golf, except that you are throwing a disc instead of hitting a little ball, and you are trying to get the disc in a metal basket lined with chains instead of a little cup. It is also much, much cheaper to play.

Today Shannon and I got a handful of students from each of our churches and paired them up for a scramble. a fine time was had by all, with no serious injuries (even though that one kid took one in the back...ouch!). It is believed that the upcoming holiday (KOGS is saturday) will for the first time ever include a midafternoon scramble tourney. A pair of putters will be the prize. I expect that competition will be fierce, and that many a tree will be cursed during the days events. The tree giveth, and the tree taketh away...

KOGS is lined up for saturday at Burns Park, and we expect that the grilling season will be opened in style. I hope to have a report up on sunday for those who are not able to make the feast. for those of you who are in Little Rock this weekend, come up to Burns around 10:00, and look for us at the shelter closest to the spoftball fields. Or, just roll down your window and smell the air...that will probably be the fastest way to find us.

Okay, enough for now. hope this finds you well, friends.

Peace.

3 comments:

Kara Newby said...

What a shame that I will miss KOGS. You know that I would be there if I could... searching for the ketchup. But alas, I am here, in Alabama (where the Dale's sauce flows freely). I have had many a hamburger since being here (many at tailgates, in fact- WAR EAGLE) with Dale's sauce... however, none can compare to the OSEA burgers of my youth. Have a tall glass of Sweet tea for me.

stevepvc said...

Dodge the spiders, bro, dodge them! there's a really scary spider in this last dark tower book I'm trying to finish. (shudder)

CL said...

Steven, Just chiming in "L.A." We Met at the last workfest two years ago, I found you blog from Keith Brenton's. We sure are missing workfest man, hope all is well. Blessings.

Twitter Updates

Steven's shared items