Tuesday, March 08, 2005

sorry friends

Friends, brothers, blog readers,

PLease excuse my tardiness...my hard drive decided to eat itself this past week, and that has had the unfortunate consequence of keeping me away. As such, this will be unfocused, covering several bases.

Good discussion still in the hope 2 thread, check it out.

What an eventful week I've had! I gained another year of age, and have played a substantial amount of disc golf. I'm beginning to have mediocre skills finally. Those trees at burns park are eating my lunch. If anybody want to go toss for a while, or are interested in learning the game, give me a holler, I'd enjoy spreading the love.

Random fun event of last week: Dr. Seuss day at Pine Forest elementary. I got to be a guest reader. The kids were dressed up and one girl had the most amazing hair going on I've ever seen. two feet straight up, I'm sure of it.

Similar Random fun event of last week: I had the pleasure of being a moderator for the regional quiz bowl tournament. Let me just say that these particular high school nerds (said affectionately, as one of their own kind) were amazing. I was stunned at the stuff they knew, and sometimes at the stuff they didn't. I really was getting my groove on reading those questions, too. Alex what's his name from jeopardy has nothing on me. Skills, serious skills.

My boys from bama got a couple of good wins, too, and that made for a good week. All in all, life is going well, if pretty busy, with the minor exception of the death of my notebook. (Viewing will be from 6:00-8:00 at roller, graveside on wednesday 10:00 AM).

Okay, that's all from general notes on life. Coming tomorrow: Hope 3.

5 comments:

Keith Brenton said...

Man, it's tragic when a young married guy suddenly loses his drive.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Another random note: playing disc golf with a 40 year-old juggler named Andrew. Man Steven, he had a some wicked drives.

Anonymous said...

well this is laura ashley and i just wanted to say that hi and that its awesome you went to Pine Forest! that's where i went to elementary school and its a great school :) well have a good one steven!

Anonymous said...

Howdy from Smitty who is a veteran of both Pine Forest and Quiz Bowl.

Twitter Updates

Steven's shared items