Monday, June 25, 2007

1408

Holy Crap.  
For whatever reason, Rampton and I decided to blow the free night tonight by letting Stephen King scare the crap out of us.  We went to see 1408, which is from a  King short story.  I love King's work, and really went on a tear trying to read a bunch of it over the last couple of years.  I've never read this bit of terror, though.  
It builds like crazy, and disarms you, then throttles you.  It's cruel, subtle, strong, and uses all kinds of trickery to bait you into its traps.  Even when it telegraphs them, you can't help but be pulled in.   

I hate movies like that.
But, for those of you that like them, this is worth a try.  I think it's pretty well done, and John Cusack makes it happen.  He carries the whole thing on his back, since most of time it's just him freaking himself out in this room.  

Gave me the willies.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review, however brief. I have been wondering whether my overactive imagination could take the stimulation.

"The Mothman Prophesies" gave me a terror-filled night of rocking in fetal position. True stories are the worst- bah! But I love em.

Twitter Updates

Steven's shared items