Thursday, May 26, 2005

the Hovater fitness machine

One thing I love to do that drives my wife crazy (there are many things that fit this category) is to assert that I am in good shape, even though I have had no disciplined exercise schedule. She then says something like, "Now way you're in good shape...how can you say that? you don't do anything!" To which I reply, (and this really drives her crazy), "I just lead a generally active lifestyle." Then she fumes and shakes her fist at me.

Now, I'm not backing off of the above position, and still hold it to be true, but I have, in addition to my active lifestyle, also begun the additional regiment of some running and bike riding. The second I do at the gym on the exercise bike, and that's pretty fun just because of the tremendous people watching opportunity. there are the guys with the thirty inch diameter necks, the guys who are obviously there for the first and last time, the obsessively thin girls who have already been jogging for ten hours just so they can wwork off their salad dressing from lunch, which will be their only meal for a month. Then there are some folks that look bored while they work out, and some people who look like they generally come to the gym to meet people. the exercise bikes are at the front of a fleet of treadmills, stairclimbers, and there is a big mirror, so you can see everybody. I just hope they see that I'm the guy who's there just for fun, not because I need to workout, because I lead a generally active lifestyle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would hate to workout while looking at myself in a mirror. That has got to be depressing.

Anonymous said...

P.S.
Lizzy is a skinny freak.

Twitter Updates

Steven's shared items