Wednesday, August 10, 2005

laundry

this morning I woke up, and before sauntering in to the office, continued the work on the laundry which my wife very graciously began yesterday. (the laundry is normally my job). This brings up a couple of thoughts.

first of all, it is amazing how much laundry the two of us go through in a week. I mean, incredible. It really does ofer support to the future picture of humanity found in shows like star trek, where everybody basically wears a uniform all day. I could really go for a common human uniform, provided it allows for freedom of movement and comfort in both warm in cool temperatures. I think if one type of clothing were appropriate for work, play, hanging around the house, and school, It would cut down on the laundry task for my household considerably.

I remember in jr high we had these pe uniforms, and nobody would wash them (at least the guys) for like several months at a time. Most of the time when I think of this, I think about how gross this is. but now, I'm inclined to think about how many loads of laundry that eventually saved. I'm glad I did it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Freshman year of HS... the first year that my HS required a uniform. Wow, were we embarrassed. But I think you;re right, the lack of detergent and use of extraneous water was well worth the repulsive looks from our lady friends! We thought it was funny.

You know... I saw my brother in a gym t-shirt yesterday. I actually thought to myself... "It looks like he hasn't washed that thing in weeks!"

Go environment! Smell you later.

Anonymous said...

I can testify to the grossness that pe uniforms pick up over the months. I think my gray shorts eventually turned black with nastiness.

Twitter Updates

Steven's shared items