Monday, August 15, 2005

ouch

Last night I scrimaged with my new soccer team for the first time, and I woke up this mornign with the stiffest neck ever. I've applied ice-hot, swalled some Ibuprofin, and rubbed it down as well as I can, but still the stiffness remains. But oh, was it worth it!

Despite being out of breath about two minutes into the scrimage, and sucking some serious wind for the remainder, I had a blast. It was just excitiing to be in that kind of a competitive forum again, to be able to run and play and strive. It was serious good times, and I squeezed in a goal to end the game, and that sealed the fun up nicely for me. You would have been proud Hobbes, even thought you'd probably make me run ten miles today so that I wouldn't be such a slacker next time around. Of course, I also botched a couple of chances, but felt like on the whole I got some good work in, and really just enjoyed geting to meet some new teammates. I'm sure the adventures will steadily increase for some time. Let's just hope the pain in my neck takes a different path.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mascots... it's just me, but if I were to come up with a mascot it would have to be the LR Cooters. What do you think?

Twitter Updates

Steven's shared items