Monday, February 21, 2005

Cleaning out my Inbox

Okay, so this morning I thought I would clean out my inbox. I deleted 1238 emails, leaving me with just 216, 14 of which are unread. That was a long time coming.

Wow, busy times! this weekend we relaunched our sunday school system, now featuring elective classes for 7-12 grades. Reports so far have been positive, but we'll give it a few weeks to see how it turns out. Any ideas on electives we could offer? they last 8 weeks. this time we're offering:

Sr high:
world religions
getting God out of your box (paradox and apologetics)
Philippians
God's evangelism (the book of Mark)

Jr High:
Relationships
The servant's heart
Old Testament Heros
Disicpleship 101
Intro to the Bible


I also had a great time this weekend at a retreat with the Highland youth group from Memphis. I loved getting to spend time with those brothers and sisters, playing and praying with them. One of the best parts was getting to share in ministry with my friend Donnie. It was really awesome to get to come alongside for the day and work with him. I have several other friends there, and known so many people who have been influenced by that church. Most of the sesisons were about passion, but in the end it came down to trying to be like Jesus. doesn't it all?

6 comments:

stevepvc said...

Cool! I'm really, really glad to hear that, amiga. any ideas about what we could offer next time?

stevepvc said...

yeah, it has to do with christian evidences and trying to understand that we can't always understand.

Keith Brenton said...

I don't understand.

stevepvc said...

Lizzy, Right now we're just testing the concept
(and are very pleased with it) but the intention is that we'll do something else in the summer, then pick this system back up in the fall. If everything goes like it is now, we'll probably keep doing this for a while.

some of the classes will be different ecah time though, so let me know what you'd like to see repeat so you can take it again, or what other classes I need to invent. YOu have a great opportunity to shape the outcome, since you're one of like four of our students who read my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hello Steven Hovater. I would just like to say that Hovater is awesome and that this is my first official comment on any blog ever. And that I wanted to my first comment ever to have a lot of substance.

stevepvc said...

Yes, that leaves two others

Twitter Updates

Steven's shared items