Thursday, February 03, 2005

sickly, but working on it

Okay, so this year it seems worse. I mean, I know that every year there's a cycle when it seems like everyone on earth is sick, and we're all passing around some crazy germ that makes us cough our heads off. But for real, I think this year it must be worse. Some schools around here have closed for a couple of days, and the ones that haven't aren't able to get a lot done, with so many students gone. No quorums anywhere.

I've got a couple more days in front of me before I finish off the junk I'm hacking through. I felt better today, but my throat hurts...ah, a new pain, at least. My wife has somehow still managed to stay healthy, and that's good, particularly since I would never be able to get her to take any medicine anyways. I'm glad she doesn't have to worry about it.

I haven't felt social at all the past couple of days. Usually my spirits stay pretty high throughout this sort of thing, but maybe I'm just past my threshold for it. I just want to crawl in a solitary hole for a couple more days and emerge a healthy human. Alas, that's just not the way it works.

1 comment:

Keith Brenton said...

So, maybe the office wasn't quite as cold as it felt last week, huh? Sorry about the hack. Get well. Hot lemonade. Hot Dr. Pepper works, too. With a little lemon.

Twitter Updates

Steven's shared items