Saturday, February 12, 2005

Saturday morning writing and playing

So today I got to spend most of the day trying to help some friends write a skit. So darn fun. I mean really, we spent all this time playing with ideas, improvising, talking about our experiences of God and life. It was great.

I spent a great deal of time in college as part of this group, which is called theatron. Each year people move out of it and the recruit new members, so the group is made up of a totally different group now than it was when I was there. It was fun to contribute today, though, and rejkoin them in the writing process. It's been to expereince a living organic group like that, to take part in what has become a thing with tradition. They still do some of the same skits we wrote, and some that are new and different. It's neat to think of how a bunch of very different people have contributed to some of those skits, so that they've added gags along the way and grown.

That was one of the places where I have experienced community in an intense way. I think some of what I learned there was the importance of sharing life with people, and in particular, sharing in the experience of ministry with a group of people. It forever shaped the way I think about teams and how groups work together.

Keith posted here an experience of his where he found a community experience among a group of Trekkies. I was thinking about another experience of community that I had, but I think it would make this post too long, so I'll save it for tomorrow. In the mean time, you're welcome to comment about times that you've experienced community.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Steven's shared items